To purchase Apps you need to do the following;
- Go to the Buy Now page.
- Select an App and press the PayPal button.
- Once your payment has been received and the funds have been paid into our bank, a member of our team will contact you with 48hr.
To purchase a Streaming Apps you need to do the following;
- Arrange a Demo here
- A member of our team will then contact you within 48hrs.
Digital Assets are anything that can be digitised including your film, a director’s cut, an alternative ending, your script, photos and logos.
You can sell any of these Digital Asset from within your Film App via our purchase screen.
Your audience can use Apple in-app-purchase or Google in-app-purchase to pay for them.
All images are 72 dpi which is a standard computer screen.
1 x Icon for phone home screen in png format with a transparent background 1024 x 1024 px. This will be placed on a square with rounded corners.
3 x Background images for app in png format 1284 x 2778 px.
Max 12 Actors photo thumbnail in jpg format 134 x 198 px.
Max 24 Photos from shoot in jpg format 1284 x 1712 px.
Any pdf file you wish to add in Letter or A4 format.
A secure Vimeo link to your Film or TV program.
When we submit your Film App to Apple we will need a letter which states that you have full rights to use and sell the Digital Assets in your App.
Apple may require some details of Line of Title, such as evidence or dated documents that show you own the rights.
At the end of each month we generate a FilmsOnPhone Monthly Report. This report contains your Apple and Google Sales figures and other App Store Analytics data.
The money from your sales is wired into your bank account 15 days after your FilmsOnPhone Monthly Report has been generated.
There are no on-going costs for the first year.
See our Buy Now page and look at the section Additional Services for more details about your second year costs.
All Apps on the Apple App Store and Google Playstore need to be approved by Apple and Google respectively.
This means that the content of the finished App must abide by certain rules set out by Apple and Google including setting an Age Rating and restricting sexually explicit images and profanity.
We understand these rules at FilmsOnPhone and will help you navigate them. We will upload your App onto the Apple App Store and Google Playstore and if required, communicate with Apple and Google on any questions they might have.
When our engineers create iOS and Android Apps they use Apple’s Xcode and Google’s Android Studio to make them.
Apple Native Apps
Xcode is the official Apple Software Development Kit (SDK) for making Apple Apps. Apps built with Xcode use secure Apple technology by default such as Facial Recognition, Touch ID and in-app-purchases. These Apps are more efficient, more compatible and provide an Apple User Experience so they look, feel and operate like Apps made by Apple. As a result customers are more likely to install and keep Native Apple Apps.
Google Native Apps
Android Studio is the official Google Software Development Kit (SDK) for making Android Apps. Apps built with Android Studio use secure Google technology by default such as Facial Recognition, Touch ID and in-app-purchases. These Apps are more efficient, more compatible and provide an Android User Experience so they look, feel and operate like Apps made by Google. As a result customers are more likely to install and keep Native Google Apps.
Some other companies will offer to make Apps that do not used these tools. These non-native Apps provide substandard User Experience and lower reliability.
To purchase Apps using FilmsOnPhone Crowdfunding you need to do the following;
- Go to your Film Dashboard
- Select the Add Film Details button and add some basic details about your film. These details will remain private.
- Our Staff will contact you and arrange an online meeting to discuss your App, the digital assets from your film that will be required and answer any questions.
- If for any reason you are not contacted by our staff, please our Contact Us page.
- Our Staff will work with you to get your Crowdfunding Page up and running.
- Your Backers can then pay for your App via your Crowdfund page.
- Once your Backers have reached the required amount, your Apps will be created.
- We will create a video of each App showing you it working on a phone.
- We will then upload both your Apps to the Apple App Store and the Google Playstore
The money donated by your Backers will be registered to you. You can see how much has been donated and who it is from on your Dashboard.
When your Crowdfunding reaches the amount necessary to make your Apps we will contact you and start software development.