A new type of Film Festival
We are pleased to announce you can now submit your short film to our new FilmsOnPhone Festival.
In conjunction with Film Freeway our new Festival is like no other. It uses mobile phones as voting machines and as a way to view and play all entries.
You can now submit your short film which needs to be under 45 mins on Film Freeway.
See the FilmsOnPhone Festival details below.
All entries must be 45 minutes or less and be submitted via Film Freeway
The Festival App
FilmsOnPhone presents a new type of film festival where the films can be viewed on the both the big screen and also on the FilmsOnPhone Festival App.
The audience can use their mobile phone to view a film, vote for a film and see a live chart of who is winning.
All entries will be added to the FilmsOnPhone App for FREE. The App enables people to vote for your film and displays its position in the Film Charts.
You can share the App with your friends so they can vote for you and help you win an award. You can also vote for other films that you think should win an award.
The App also contains a news feed, a Featured section,
Selecting Our Winners
Anyone with the App installed can watch any film and vote.
Anyone with the App installed can invite their friends to get the App, watch any film and vote.
The FilmsOnPhone Festival is built on the belief that the best way to improve your filmmaking is to get your peers and the general public to give you feedback.
Cast and Crew Categories
When you vote for a film’s Cast and Crew by giving them stars, we use these votes to award the following;
Best Female Director
Best Male Director
Best Female Student Director
Best Male Student Director
Best Sound Designer
Best Original Score
Best Production Designer
The total number of stars awarded to a film is used to award the following film categories;
Best Foreign Film
Best Student Film
Best LGBTQ+ Film
Best Animated Film
Best Science Fiction Film
Best Horror Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Music Video
A live chart shows the current position of each film in each category so you can monitor your films progress and how many votes you need to win.
Each category has its own chart and to win the Laurel you need to be at the top of that chart at 23:59 on the 30th of September 2021.
The charts also show when a video has been added and if it’s a fast riser or a fast faller.
The Awards and Certificates
The Winners will have an Award Laurel generated and will be permanently visible in the App.
You can screenshot the Award Laurel and use it on your own website.
Additionally the winners will get the opportunity to send an in-app-purchase to everyone that has the App. It is an opportunity for the winners to market their new projects and connect further with their audience.
Winners will also be
We have hired the Prince Charles Theater in London’s Leicester Square to showcase the winners in the heart of Londons Film Industry. If there are changes to COVID restrictions and it becomes impossible to showcase here, the event will be transferred to another London venue.
There are also Film Workshops including the following;
– Making your first feature
– How to get Named Actors in your next film
– Minimising Attorney Bills with Producers Association and Actors Association contracts
– Editing 4K video with standard iMacs
– FilmsOnPhone – The new Film App and how it can change your distribution model
– Apple – How to use the Apple App Store for digital sales
– Google – Google Playstore digital sales and reporting for digital goods
– Google Analytics – How to magnify and measure your films presence on Social Media
All Workshops will also be available via Zoom.
Rules & Terms
1. In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
2. The Festival relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
3. All genres are accepted with a maximum length of 45 minutes or less (exceptions are made).
4. Multiple entries are accepted.
5. Entry fees are non refundable.
6. You may submit to as many categories as you would like.
7. ALL entries will be viewable in the FilmsOnPhone App.
8. You may be asked for a copy of your film so it can be shown within the App.
9. Judges, entrants and the general public can download the FilmsOnPhone App, watch any film and vote for any film.
10. All winners and runners up will remain viewable in the FilmsOnPhone App after the Festival closes.
11. By submitting your film, you authorize FilmsOnPhone to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
12. Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
13. The FilmsOnPhone festival will not be responsible for damaged or corrupt copies.
14. The FilmsOnPhone Festival can disqualify a film if it believes the content inappropriate.